Friday, August 27, 2010

Vacation Continued...

I forgot to mention on the previous post, that on Sunday I had lost my wedding band when a big wave sent me tumbling head over heals, I was none to thrilled...While it still irks me, nothing I can do about it, and it doesn't change anything. While it is not the same I will attempt to look for a new one when I return home.

Monday the 23rd: After Uncle Jim arrived, we headed toward the the famous white and black striped Cape Hatteras Lighthouse. Myself, my parents and my uncle all walked up the 257 step lighthouse to the top to see the gorgeous views. Stacey was bummed cause with her being pregnant we were worried she could get over heated doing the climb, as it was 85 degrees inside. Drove to the end of the island to Hatteras Village to check out the ferry terminal, which is where we will be going Wednesday to the Island of Ocracoke. Went to the beach for a little while after we returned and the did the usual evening stuff.


Tuesday the 24th: Tuesday was basically a wash out day, it rained all morning stopping early afternoon. While the sun never came out we did make it down to the beach, where it was breezy, but we attempted to make the best of it. I dug a big hole in the sand but, didn't really get in the ocean, still a little too timid after the other day. Afterwards just retreated to the beach house and walked the beach later after dinner.

more...

No comments:

Post a Comment